Accounting & Finance Manager
Contact Person: Audrey Eustice
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (425) 776-4946
This position is primarily responsible for managing the accounting and treasury functions providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management and other users in making educated economic/financial decisions.
Essential Job Functions
1. Oversee the activities of the company Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements and other associated financial reports.
2. Supervise the monthly closing process and all general ledger activity and ensure transactional accuracy and integrity.
3. Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Assist Chief Financial Officer with annual review or audit of the financial statements as applicable and related interface with independent accountants.
5. Assist Chief Financial Officer with preparation of annual Financial Plan, departmental budgets, and cash flow planning.
6. Report on and help ensure compliance with company financial goals and variances therefrom.
7. Oversee the activities of the Accounts Payable function, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports and cash control.
8. Oversee all aspects of the Accounts Receivable and Credit functions, including accurate and timely processing of Accounts Receivable comprising invoicing, credit memos and other transactions. Determine appropriate credit terms for customers, monitor terms with application of credit insurance as applicable.
9. Manage/process credit hold and credit hold releases in coordination with Sales, Production and Logistics; make appropriate credit hold release recommendations to CFO as part of monthly operations, balancing risk and financial objectives.
10. Manage/responsible for day-to-day treasury operations including cash management, receipts processing and recording, and periodic borrowing draws on credit line. Manage/responsible for daily and monthly reporting to lender(s).
11. Manage/responsible for the collection of, and filing/payment of, all sales and use tax to all applicable states and other jurisdictions on a monthly basis. Alert CFO to any significant exposures vis-à-vis where we are having difficulties with customer compliance.
12. Manage freight accounting function; analyzing costs and processes and working with Logistics to manage and reduce costs.
13. Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
14. Respond to CEO, CFO and other executive management with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
15. Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
16. Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
17. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
18. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by CFO or CEO.
1. Strong financial reporting, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury and banking, sales and use tax skills.
2. Working knowledge of banking and other treasury matters.
3. Demonstrated ability to analyze data/complex issues and make recommendations and fixes based thereon.
4. Proven computer skills — spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
5. Strong managerial and people/personal interaction abilities.
1. Management of a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities while utilizing a “hands on” approach in ensuring that appropriate transactions are processed and executed.
2. Evaluates and identifies individual employees’ strengths and areas for improvement.
3. Creates an environment where all employees have increased opportunities to contribute to the success of the business and the security of their future through continuous improvement efforts.
4. Participates in (or leads) cross-functional team efforts to make improvements to processes.
1. Office 100% Production/Warehouse floor 0%
1. Mostly a sedentary role; minimal walking, bending, reaching
2. Ability to lift, pull or push up to 20 lbs.; anything over 50 lbs. is to be assisted.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
1. Full Time.
3. M-F, hours vary
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. Demonstrated experience in manufacturing environment and ERP applications/interface.
3. Must have 4-6 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
4. Strong Excel skills, especially financial modeling and analytical techniques
Preferred Education and Experience
1. CPA certification a plus.
2. 3-4 years in Public Accounting a plus
3. Hands-on experience with Sales and Use Taxes in a multi-state/jurisdictional environment a plus
4. EPICOR experience a plus.