Bilingual Major Gifts Area Representative or Director
Contact Person: Faith McMillion
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (253) 815-2148
The Intersection of Calling and Career
World Vision is now hiring a Bilingual Major Gifts Area Representative or Director
00 At a Glance
Role: Bilingual Major Gifts Area Representative or Director
Required experience: 3 years or more of fundraising experience. Prior experience managing major accounts. Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese (verbal and written).
Preferred experience: Demonstrated successful major individual gift ($25K+) fundraising experience. Previous major gifts experience at another NGO.
Travel: Up to 35%. This will be determined based on geographic location.
Salary: Will depend on experience and geographic location.
Industry: Fundraising, non-profit charity
Company size: 900+ (World Vision USA) / 34,000 worldwide (World Vision International)
01 The Role We are looking for an exceptional fundraiser who enjoys networking and locating new giving prospects. You will have the opportunity to represent World Vision US in speaking engagements that are directly related to major gift development. As a Major Gifts Area Representative or Director you will maximize World Visions ministry by developing long-term, effective relationships with individuals and foundations capable of providing $25,000 or more in financial resources, with the goal of providing them with a deeper understanding of holistic needs in the world, and boldly challenging them to respond sacrificially to those needs through the ministry of World Vision. At World Vision we are going to the ends of the earth, often where no one else goes, to pull up the roots of poverty and plant the seeds of change. Help us carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies by managing and coordinating the integrated regional fundraising efforts for Major Gifts Program, National accounts and Gift Planning.
– As an Area Representative you are raising a minimum of $500,000 within the first year, and a minimum of $1,000,000 each fiscal year thereafter through private special funding, multi-year commitments, and gift planning. Recommend donation of appreciated assets whenever possible.
– As an Area Director you are raising a minimum of $1,500,000 within the first year, through private special funding, multi-year commitments, and gift planning. – Recommend donation of appreciated assets whenever possible.
– Plan and implement account management strategy to ensure assigned accounts are given the appropriate amount of attention each year.
– Develop long-term relationships through personal interactions with donors on assigned area of the country and strive to connect donor interests with the – World Vision mission and ministry.
– Network through current donors to locate new giving prospects who can make major gifts.
– Arrange for major donors and those with a large sphere of influence to interact with the World Vision US president, senior leadership, field staff and domestic/international projects, when appropriate.
– Take qualified donors/prospects on trips to World Vision project sites to inform them about specific projects and encourage them to give at major donor levels.
– Work with gift planning staff to set up donor-advised funds, stock gifts, wills, etc.
– Represent World Vision US in various settings, including speaking engagements directly related to major gift development and media interviews to spread the word about World Vision’s domestic and international ministry.
– Attend and participate in job related training programs as assigned.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the World Vision US Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
02 Required Experience
– Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese Required (verbal and written).
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (eight years) work experience.
– In addition to education or educational equivalent, requires 3 years’ or more work experience in fundraising or sales.
– Has work experience fundraising $25,000 or more.
– Knowledge of gift planning is a plus.
– Demonstrated ability to manage major accounts.
– Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
– Travel will be determined based on the company’s policy during COVID.
– Enjoys networking and building strong relationships
03 What Success Looks Like
– Build lasting, highly engaged relationships with high net worth individuals on behalf of those we serve.
– Raising $500,000 (as an Area Representative) or $1,500,000 (as an Area Director) in annual financial support within the first year.
– Has developed rapport with internal staff.
– Inviting high net worth individuals to join in our historic Every Last One Campaign.
– Transforming the lives of the poor, our donors, and your own.
04 Salary Range & Benefits Your salary is important to you so it’s important to us. If you need the approximate range to inform your decision on whether to apply or not contact Faith using one of the ways below. In addition, we have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package.
05 To Apply Press the apply button on this page. Still not sure? We’d really like to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions. Message Faith at email@example.com and/or connect with me on LinkedIn.
06 What Happens Next? Glad you asked. We owe you that and strive to not leave you wondering. We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role. Sometimes questions arise on our end, so we message you to learn more. Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Moving deeper into our selection process you can expect to interview 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview. Our most valuable resource is our talented staff. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time, so we have all hands-on deck to move this important work forward.
07 About World Vision USA When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled. Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That’s because we’re a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For nearly the last 70 years. Jesus’ love at the center. Always. We’re Christian and follow Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child, we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.
Job Location: Remote – Role can be based in 30+ US states, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Working Environment / Conditions: Frequent domestic and some international travel required. Frequent weekend and evening work to accommodate donor schedules. May require trips to hazardous locations.