Contact Person: Audrey Eustice
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (425) 595-6290
Can words save the world? We think they can. And you have the opportunity to write those words. We’re looking for an excellent wordsmith with diverse copywriting experience and a passion for crafting the perfect message that educates, persuades, motivates and delights the reader. This position is primarily responsible for creating written, customer-facing content and copy for our two companies, Safeology and Electric Mirror. In this role, you’ll be able to save lives on one end, and create amazing architectural experiences on the other. If you’re adept at boiling complex concepts into understandable tidbits, if you thrive on hyper-focusing until you find the perfect turn of phrase, and if you groove on constantly learning, then this may be the role for you!
Essential Job Functions
1. Develop short and long form copy and content across multiple marketing channels and mediums, including:
b. Email marketing
c. Marketing collateral
d. Social media
e. Press releases
g. By-line articles
h. White papers
i. Spec sheets
j. Instructional manuals
2. Write, edit and proof copy with careful attention to accuracy
3. Proof final deliverables ensuring flawless execution prior to production
4. Assist in development, maintenance, and management of a content calendar
1. Write creative, effective, accurate, on-brand copy
a. Must understand the personality and nuances of each company brand, and write copy that creatively captures each brand’s essence.
b. Must be able to learn and understand complex products, sales funnels, etc. and have an intuitive knack for quickly distilling large volumes of information into what matters.
c. Must be creative, have a never-ending supply of ideas, and love finding the perfect word or phrase to capture a concept in a way that engages and delights the reader.
d. Must be able to effectively adapt copy style to fit a variety of assignments, from highly-stylistic ad copy, to creative marketing copy, to persuasive and attention-getting press release copy, to straight-forward product copy, to technical product information, to leadership communications – and everything in between.
e. Must have a mastery of the English language, including accurate word usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
f. Must know the copywriting rules, and when it is and isn’t okay to break them.
2. Work effectively and efficiently to deliver work that meets assignment objectives
a. Must be able to understand an assignment, ask appropriate questions, then deliver on-assignment work each time.
b. Must be a self-starter that can take initiative to get answers to complete assignments
c. Must be comfortable with numerous simultaneous assignments, including ability to inherently gauge priorities, juggle work as needed, and meet deadlines
3. Evaluate and continuously improve work product, meeting high bar for excellence
a. Must be meticulous, detail and deadline oriented in writing assignments
b. Must be able to edit and proof work at all stages, including final proof for zero errors
c. Must follow existing departmental workflow processes
4. Bring a great attitude to work each day
a. Must be smart, a fast learner, hard worker and proactive problem solver
b. Must put forth an A+ effort in everything from internal emails to final copy
c. Must be upbeat and optimistic with a can-do attitude
d. Must work well in a team
1. Office and/or Work from Home (depending on company needs) 100%
2. Production/Warehouse floor 0%
1. Work at a desk for a full 8-10 hours per day
2. Work independently with limited supervisory and collegial interaction
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
1. Full Time – possible remote
3. Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00
Required Education and Experience
a. Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in relevant field, e.g. English, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, or other areas with major emphasis on writing.
b. In lieu of 4-year college degree, a demonstrated relevant work equivalency
a. Minimum 4 years’ experience in a full-time copywriting role
b. Minimum 2 years’ experience writing a broad variety of copy
c. Minimum 2 years’ experience in a company or agency setting
3. Work Product
a. Must have and provide portfolio of relevant work sample
b. Must be able to provide references
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Writing for company or clients in one or more the following fields: manufacturing, lighting, technology, B2B
2. Writing for company or clients in one or more the following verticals: hospitality, education, healthcare, commercial
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.