Field Service Technician
Contact Person: John Fromong
Contact Email: HR@electricmirror.com
Contact Phone: (425) 595-6230
The Field Service Technician will travel to EM customer locations globally to identify issues and implement solutions. The technician will travel by auto, train, air or other transportation necessary to reach the customer’s location quickly and to resolve the issue(s) at hand. Workload will include domestic and international travel 50-70%. When not in the field, the FST will be addressing customer inquiries in the office using systems such as CRM (Salesforce) and ERP (Epicor). Strong technical/mechanical background a must. Experience as a general contractor, familiarity with electrical circuits, wiring and diagrams a plus.
• Travel domestically and internationally with short notice to customer sites.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with executive and owner level customers
• Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following skills: carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical (assist the electrician)
• Required to be familiar with and use all hand and power tools common to the skills listed
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings, sketches, O.E.M. instructions & specifications
• Must be comfortable working in and/or managing a team of employees or temporary workers
• Required to use considerable judgment when performing and planning to perform tasks
• Accurately diagnose and repair equipment at the customer’s location anywhere in the world
• Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, write and be able to take decisive action provide detailed reports on issues found and solutions implemented.
* Must be able to work weekends, overtime, and holidays as needed
• Knowledge of basic commercial and residential wiring
• Ability to text, email and be familiar with MS Outlook, Excel and use of Internet for reporting & research
• Previous experience in glass handling,
• Previous experience in carpentry, manufacturing, or related field
• High level of personal integrity
• Must possess a valid passport
• Ability to work unsupervised for long periods
• Ability to deal with upset/difficult clients in person and on the phone
• Emotional maturity with the ability to interact with other cultures
1. N/A if not applicable or list what role they may have as a Lead, Supervisor, Manager or Director.
1. Office 0% Production/Warehouse floor 100%
1. Ability to lift, pull or push up to 50 lbs.; anything over 50 lbs. is to be assisted.
2. Be on your feet 8-10 hours per day.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
1. Full Time.
3. List shift or state position is flexible:
1. N/A or summary of what travel may look like for the role.
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma and at least 2 years in some form of field service experience required. A technical degree or certification a plus.