Marketing & Business Development Manager (NB)
The Marketing and Business Development Manager (MBDM) manages the marketing, sales, and thought leadership efforts of the agency, in close collaboration with the EVP Strategic Innovation and the New Business team. Working within the New Business team, they develop and manage the implementation of strategies to increase exposure to and engagement with the target audience, developing and maintaining strong relationships, and helping to organize and manage the sales process. The MBDM should be an organized and efficient individual, strong in communication skills (written, verbal and visual) and should be independent and flexible as the demands of this role change from one effort to the next.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years in sales and marketing in a B2B setting, is comfortable with CRM, digital marketing and sales software platforms, and can combine creativity with organization to manage the marketing and sales efforts of the agency.
- Develop and manage the annual marketing plan in collaboration with the EVP Strategic Innovation, including:
- Content marketing/thought leadership.
- Event/trade show marketing – conferences, webinars, and other events as determined.
- Digital media.
- Product marketing.
- Communications – blogs, emails, mailings, and other content as determined.
- Brand collateral and other marketing assets.
- Marketing calendar of activities.
- Manages execution of marketing calendar alongside Strategic Innovation Manager.
- Builds and evaluates marketing metrics reporting on a quarterly basis.
- Brand leadership and training to maintain the consistency and power of the brand in marketing and new business efforts.
- Coordination/strategy of marketing efforts outlined in the annual plan, including:
- Prepares campaign briefs for creation of all marketing collateral.
- Leads or assists leading creative meetings.
- First review of all creative for conferences, webinars, and any other marketing collateral.
- Deploy emails and blog posts.
- Manage the agency website, email service provider, and all social media accounts.
- Prepares quarterly marketing metrics documents and manages Masterworks’ Target Audience.
- Maintain and track the marketing budget, including payment of membership premiums.
- Tracks and manages annual marketing budget.
New Business – Sales Management
- Manages the sales system and processes of the agency.
- Participates in weekly new business meetings, capturing details in Salesforce.
- Builds and exports reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis, including win/loss reporting.
- Maintains and is an advanced user of sales software and digital marketing platforms, including:
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Supports the process of responding to proposals and requests for proposal (RFP), including:
- Coordinating proposal contributors, overall proposal development process.
- Pulling together proposal content from a library.
- Managing the schedule and execution of proposal submission.
- Formatting and editing proposals and presentations, keeping RFP process timely and effective.
- Supports the New Business team in the areas of sales meetings, researching and qualifying prospective clients, proposal tracking, and tracking new business contacts, leads, and opportunities.
- Provide high-level support for the EVP Strategic Engagement, including email support and the arrangement and coordination of appointments and meetings with New Business leads.
- Provide project management for New Business, including:
- Executive Investment Forms – making sure they are signed by the requesters as necessary.
- Requesting new client numbers, new contracts, and state registration information from new clients.
- Opening projects in Jig; creating schedules
- Maintain Biz Dev or Marketing Projects schedules and tasks to ensure they’re happening on time and kept up-to-date
- Routing/managing creative projects (typically for Marketing only) following MW standard process.
- Transaction review of any New Business projects where we bill for services, providing update on budget vs. actuals for time incurred.
- Manage client billing for prospect clients that may have billable projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising performance (accurate and timely)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in software programs and platforms relevant at Masterworks(Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Mail, Excel)
- Ability to reconcile expenses and work with Finance to ensure that expenses are properly allocated
- Flexible about making multiple revisions with a positive attitude (turns constructive feedback into polished products)
- Knowledge or mastery of Salesforce, Mailchimp, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, WordPress preferred
- Strong grasp of grammar and language sufficient to proofread professional documents
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Continuous Learning
- Initiative and Risk Taking
- Problem Solving
- Innovation and Change
- Responsive to Customer Needs
- Planning and Organization
- Resource Maximization
- Quality Results
- 3+ years of experience in marketing and sales, preferably in a B2B environment
- Experience in advertising or marketing agency preferred
- 3+ years of operations or administrative support a plus
Bachelors in Marketing, Communications, or Business preferred
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Profit Sharing