Payroll/HR Lead at National Asian Pacific Center on Aging
Contact Person: Allan Jensen
Contact Email: email@example.com
Job Title: Payroll/HR Lead
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: December 2020
The Payroll Accountant reports directly to the Controller and performs payroll and HR duties including processing multistate payrolls, managing personnel records, administering benefits programs, and leading new employees through orientation.
• Processes bi-monthly multistate payroll through a third-party vendor.
• Provides customers with excellent customer service with clear and timely communications on payroll and benefits questions and issues.
• Handles all personnel transactions, new hires, promotions, terminations
• Administers employee benefit programs (medical, dental, disability, group life, AD&D, STD, and 401K) and COBRA
• Ensures resolution of various notices such as multistate tax liabilities and payments
• Responsible for all workers compensation state audits and the associated payroll reporting required as well as providing coding for workers comp invoices
• Assists as needed in providing information for reconciling payroll liability accounts and follows up to resolve discrepancies
• Researches and resolves any payroll-related adjustments, problems, or questions; maintains record of adjustment or resolution.
• Assists the Controller in managing the relationships and requirements of payroll-related vendors.
• Responds to employee verification requests.
• Responds to workers compensation, garnishment, and unemployment payroll requests.
• Keeps informed of changes to employment and payroll laws and regulations.
• Assists in conducting payroll-related training sessions to explain policies and procedures.
• Other related duties, as assigned
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Working with technology and office equipment such as a computer, printer, etc.
• 2-5 years experience processing payroll; complex processing involving multiple states and large number of employees preferred
• 2-5 years benefit administration experience.
• Experience with payroll software. Knowledge of Paycom is a plus.
• Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Adherence to confidentiality and handling sensitive information with discretion
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Consistent and dependable in communicating updates, and following through on tasks to successful completion
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to shift direction in response to changing work situations
• Commitment to diversity and sensitive to needs of older populations and people of color
• Accounting knowledge and experience with accounting software (Abila MIP) is a plus