Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting
Department: College of Business
Reports To: Rowlanda Cawthon
Appointment: August 15, 2021 or as negotiated
Northwest University is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting to teach accounting and finance courses, which include principals of financial accounting, principals of managerial accounting, federal income tax, auditing, advanced accounting courses, plus other business courses as assigned by the Dean of the College of Business. The candidate will advise accounting and other business majors and support with the enrollment growth of the Accounting major.
The successful candidate will help create a long-term vision for the Accounting program that builds on prior successes while meeting the needs of students. Curriculum development, university service, professional development, and other duties may be as assigned in accordance with the faculty handbook. The applicant must be an energetic, enthusiastic teacher/scholar who is committed to helping students achieve their academic and career goals.
Candidates must possess a meaningful commitment to Jesus Christ, the church, and the Gospel. We are seeking someone with a winsome, encouraging and culturally engaged faith. Candidates with experience mentoring diverse students, including those from underrepresented backgrounds, are preferred.
Application review will begin December 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Initial interviews will begin in January-February 2021. Members of underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
• Teach undergraduate and MBA courses in accounting, finance, or other business fields.
• Collaborate with the dean and faculty on curriculum development and assessment.
• Advise and mentor undergraduate students.
• Work with the program chair and dean to revise curriculum as needed.
• Develop new courses as needed in candidate’s area of research and teaching.
• Participate in the governance functions of the university as assigned.
• Ph.D. or D.B.A. in accounting, finance, economics, or related business field. Master of Business Administration or Master of Accounting with accounting experience will be considered.
• Professional work experience, preferably in accounting.
• Professional certification (CPA preferred).
• Knowledge of relevant accounting software.
• Undergraduate teaching experience with documentation of success in teaching, advising and mentoring relationships.
• Experience working with diverse populations and passion for providing inclusive and equitable education leading to a more diverse workforce.
• Possesses a demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Northwest University.
• Willingness and ability to apply the Christian worldview in course design, instruction, and advising.
• Models best instructional practices in the classroom setting.
• Committed to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff, and the general constituency of the University.
• A demonstrated, vibrant evangelical faith compatible with the mission of Northwest University and the Assemblies of God.
Dependent on education and experience and based upon the established faculty salary schedule starting at the assistant/associate professor rank.
For full consideration, please submit the following:
• Letter of application addressing the above-stated qualities and qualifications sought by the university.
• Current curriculum vitae (including a list of courses taught).
• Unofficial academic transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire).
• A list of three professional references with e-mail and phone contact information.
• A statement of teaching philosophy, which includes and explanation how the candidate’s Christian faith shapes his or her approach to the field of accounting.
• A brief narrative describing the candidate’s personal Christian faith, practice, and current local church affiliation.
Please email your documents to:
Dean, College of Business
P.O. Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
The search committee will begin reviewing applications in December 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Search procedures will be closed when enough qualified applicants have been identified. Applicants are urged to provide sufficient information, so that the application file may be considered complete at the end of the search period.