Outsource Design Engineering Manager
Contact Person: Audrey Eustice
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (425) 595-4290
Job Title: Outsource Design Engineering Manager Revision Date: 3/25/2022
Department: Global Supply Chain Manager: General Manager, Global Supply Chain
This position is primarily responsible manage and lead development, planning and execute sourcing supply chain in support of engineering of new and existing products including design, redesign and performing testing on current products in accordance with time schedules, quality parameters, customer needs, market needs and manufacturing capabilities.
Essential Job Functions
1. Develops, mentors and leads the Outsource Engineering team leaders within the department
2. Develops and helps launch to Market new product lines with the design inputs needed from cross functional leadership team
3. Works closely with both Outsourcing and local Engineering Department in development and testing of product development needs. Aides in technical support with supplier interface of design inputs to meet needs of new or existing product development.
4. Source and quote with suppliers new or existing products supporting new and existing product launches
5. Convert product design requirements into technical specifications, develop conceptual and detailed designs along with performance assessments
6. Manages multiple projects at one time employing excellent organizational skills.
7. Oversees drafting, test, outsource design for manufacturing, quality of design, and outsource product regulatory as required.
8. Assist sales, estimating, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel in problem solving activities related to assigned area for product support.
9. Acts as a Outsource engineer technical design expert for the company for both internal and external customers interfacing with suppliers.
10. Supports requests-for-quote per design inputs while optimizing for price, delivery, and product performance.
11. Establish and maintains design for manufacturability supplier limitations to meet outsourced design needs.
12. Consults and oversees with contract manufactures/suppliers to obtain product price, availability, and delivery schedule.
1. Business Acumen with Customer/Client Focus
2. Expert level 3D modeling, drafting with SolidWorks/AutoCAD
3. Design with bill-of-material experience
4. New product development experience
5. Mechanical and Electronic Lighting experience
6. Presentation & Organizational Skills.
7. Prototyping & Product evaluation
8. Project/Time Management
9. Results Driven in fast-paced environment
10. Excellent written and oral communication skills; Mandarin & English proficiency required
11. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and MRP systems
1. Manages and oversees department engineer leaders
1. Office 90% (remote & onsite) Production/Warehouse floor 10%
1. Ability to lift, pull or push up to 50 lbs.; anything over 50 lbs. is to be assisted.
2. Be on your feet on and off throughout the day.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
1. Full Time.
3. M-F, schedule varies
1. Some travel may be required
Required Education and Experience
a. BS in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Design Engineering or related discipline
b. 3+ years Supply Chain Development Experience
c. 3+ years with SolidWorks or CATIA
d. 2+ years Manager and leadership experience preferred
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Familiar with Quality Control processes and concepts (E.g. ISO9001)
2. Design experience around regulatory compliance (TUV, CE, ETL)
3. Direct Experience in Support of NPI Processes
4. Bi-lingual a plus
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.