Planned Giving Estate & Business Operations Manager
Contact Person: Faith McMillion
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (253) 815-2148
The Intersection of Calling and Career
World Vision is now hiring a Planned Giving Estate & Business Operations Manager
01 At a Glance
Role: Planned Giving Estate & Business Operations Manager
Required experience: Prior experience of managing a team of 3 or more people. Must have 5 to 8 years in estate legal process and legal instruments, communication, negotiation and administration skills. Ability to interact and present information to World Vision leaders of various levels. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred experience: Experience with forecasting. Knowledge of Blackbaud. Prior experience with systems training and implementing new processes and procedures. Previous work experience with planned giving.
Location: Federal Way, WA. Please note this position will be remote until October 4th.
Industry: Planned Giving, non-profit charity
Company size: 900+
We are looking for a Planned Giving Estate & Business Operations Manager who will manage the estate administration team and the Planned Giving
business operations. The manager will support Planned Giving’s strategic role in growing undesignated funds to support World Vision US ministry objectives. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies.
– Direct the estate administration team and process, ensuring that the process is streamlined, and the pipeline is accurate. Establish protocols for new estates based on complexity. Manage and direct paralegal work to accelerate estate closing, maximizing revenue to World Vision, and research with internal and external legal counsel.
– Provide strong leadership while coordinating assigned projects, coordinating team efforts, and collaborating with other departments and/or external consultants for various initiatives.
– Serve as the Planned Giving team trainer for systems and onboarding new staff members. Coordinate with Planned Giving Coordinator to ensure procedures are accurate, streamlined and documented.
– Ensure that processes and systems are in place to provide timely operational information and that processes and systems have appropriate internal controls, and security features and safeguards company assets.
– Produce management reports based on scorecard metrics ensuring report data is current and accurate.
– Analyze and validate research and demographic data, provide projections, cost/benefit analysis, and other quantitative/qualitative analysis as needed to leadership; monitor performance against annual budget, plans and systems to achieve annual goals. Assist National Director with strategic planning to grow revenue and pipeline.
– People Management:
– Hire, fire, train, and perform appraisals for two of more employees.
– Define team and individual goals, set clear performance objectives, then monitor progress and results.
– Coach and mentor direct reports/team members; recommend appropriate skills training to enhance career development and with staff to create professional development plans.
– Provide continual process improvement guidance for estate administration, ensuring systems are utilized.
– Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as a member of a team.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Maintain awareness of corporate goals, objectives, organizational announcements, and activities. Reference and follow organizational policies and procedures, seeking clarity as needed.
02 Required Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field or equivalent (eight years) work experience.
– In addition to education or educational equivalent, requires work experience in leadership, estate legal process and legal instruments, communication, negotiation, and administration skills; 5-8 years.
– Prior management experience.
– Able to interact and present information to World Vision leaders.
– Knowledge of Planned Giving discipline and legal industry highly preferred.
– Discretion and confidentiality required.
03 What Success Looks Like
– Involved in the data transition to a new system.
– Understands World Visions budgeting and forecasting.
– Is working closely with staff on improving the processes for estate administration.
– Has built rapport with various teams within the organization.
04 Salary Range & Benefits Your salary is important to you so it’s important to us. If you need the approximate range to inform your decision on whether to apply or not contact Faith using one of the ways below. We have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package.
05 To Apply See the Apply box in the lower left corner. Still not sure? I really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about the job or have a chat in confidence. Contact Faith in Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. Connect with me on LinkedIn.
06 What Happens Next? Glad you asked. We owe you that and strive to not leave you wondering. We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role. Sometimes questions arise on our end, so we message you to learn more. Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Moving deeper into our selection process you can expect to interview 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview. Our most valuable resource is our talented staff. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time, so we have all hands-on deck to move this important work forward.
07 About World Vision USA When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled. Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That’s because we’re a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For nearly the last 70 years. Jesus’ love at the center. Always. We’re Christian and follow Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child, we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.
Job Location: Federal Way, Washington, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Working Environment / Conditions: Standard office environment. Some domestic travel required.