Contact Person: Connie Diller
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (425) 776-4946
Product Specialist plays a crucial role at Electric Mirror by supporting all departments. Primarily, the Product Specialist supports the sales effort by consistently and accurately estimating all associated costs incurred in building or purchasing custom products, enabling Sales to capture revenue and ultimately meet or exceed the Company’s profit goals.
Essential Job Functions
1. Consistently and accurately calculates estimates on custom products for use in generating project bids.
2. Works as a liaison between the sales team and the engineering, global sourcing, and operations teams.
3. Tracks the evolution of project-specific custom products over long sales cycles, through detailed documentation of product requirements, product cost estimates, and project pricing recommendations.
4. Organizes and submits requests for quote (RFQs) to the global sourcing team, helping to control cost of purchased components and finished goods, with the ultimate goal of meeting highly competitive sell price targets.
5. Assists the product management team in analyzing sales & product data to help guide the success of products throughout product life cycle, to determine gross margins on product sales, and to determine which products are nearing end-of-life stage.
6. Supports company’s new product introductions by developing and refining product cost estimates.
7. Maintains cost estimating tools used to develop product cost and price structure.
8. Assists in revisions to historical cost estimates and procedural improvement of estimating department.
9. Maximizes efficiency by engaging in existing processes and conceives of process improvements or new processes when applicable.
10. Performs additional duties and assignments, as assigned.
1. Demonstrates an aptitude for design, design constraints, manufacturability, and the cost of goods sold (COGS).
2. Maintains impeccable attention to detail, is highly analytical, and portrays creative problem solving, often finding “outside-of-the-box” solutions.
3. Efficiently and cooperatively navigates an interdepartmental framework and is a natural team player.
4. Produces fact-based analyses to drive decision making.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills required to be a liaison between Sales, Management, Engineering, R&D, Product Management, Operations, etc.
6. Understands the need for trustworthiness and procedural integrity, and offers a high level of consistency.
1. Primarily a sedentary role
2. Able to lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
1. This is a Full-Time, Salaried position
2. Days and hours of work are M-F, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Desired Education and Experience
1. At least Associates Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
2. At least Two years’ experience in Estimating, Cost Management, Pricing Management, Project Management
3. Requires fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), various CRM platforms, MRP & ERP systems, engineering drawings, bills of materials (BOMs) & methods of manufacture (MOMs), as well as labor sequencing flow charts and process flow charts.