Radiant Vision Systems
Contact Person: Denisha Gwin
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (425) 284-0553
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning and coordination of the company’s inventory and purchasing departments. They are tasked with using both forecasted and historical sales and item usage information to utilize the inventory spend in the most advantageous way. To include, monitoring and maintaining inventory levels and accuracy and negotiating terms with suppliers to ensure sales demands can be met. This business impacting position will work closely with Operations, Quality, Finance and various internal teams to ensure efficiency in the inventory and purchasing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains optimum inventory levels ensuring on-time deliveries while minimizing carrying costs and transportation charges.
• Oversee purchasing and/or contracting for materials and supplies for the operation of the Company, as well as all inventory items.
• Works with the requesting department and Finance team when specific sources or items are requested. Must adhere to internal policies and system requirements. Investigates and solves problems resulting from material issues and shortages.
• Establishes/maintains procedures and supervises the annual physical inventory. This includes the taking and valuing of the Fiscal year-end physical inventory.
• Works with other departments in planning, scheduling and ordering to meet sales forecasts.
• Responsible for sourcing and exploring new materials, options, vendors and processes to achieve the highest possible quality, reliability and delivery.
• Maintain and establish purchasing practices and policies to ensure ethical, honest and fair relationships with vendors. Keeps up to date on legal matters that may affect purchasing policies.
• Keeps abreast of material pricing, new processing advancements and market trends that affect Company products.
• Develops and maintains reporting systems that relate to the materials/purchasing function.
• Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with materials/purchasing department functions.
• Responsible for the motivation and development of the purchasing and inventory team to optimize their performance and professional growth.
• Additional tasks as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Preferred: degree in Supply Chain or relevant, plus experience in a technology products manufacturing environment
• 10+ years of experience in technology products manufacturing environment.
• Excellent knowledge of purchasing procedures and record keeping.
• ISO 9001 experience.
• An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of manufacturing.
• Ability to work well with others using good interpersonal skills.
• Strong thought leader, with the ability to listen and collaborate.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong attention to detail.
• In-depth knowledge of commodities used (Machined metal, PCA’s, Injection molded plastic, etc.)
• Confident with all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent organizational skills and multi-task abilities.
• Ability to motivate and provide productive feedback to staff members.