Contact Person: Audrey Eustice
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (425) 595-4290
The Purchasing Manager will oversee the purchase of contract manufactured finished goods, raw materials, supplies, equipment and services from approved vendors and contract manufactures to ensure the right level of inventory is available that meets operational planning needs supporting ship revenue goals maximizing inventory turns.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Manages the Purchasing, Fulfillment and Inventory control team establishing KPI’s and executing on company and department goals and objectives. Provides leadership to team by being a mentor, training and developing team skills and productivity for growth.
2. Manages purchased goods inventory levels in-line with company inventory turns goals that meets operational planning needs and maximizes ship revenue.
3. Oversees issuing of purchase orders to agreed supplier quoted product pricing and availability, confirming order acknowledgment, managing on-time delivery of goods.
4. Works closely with Global Supply Chain team (other cross functional teams) supporting new product development and project initiatives.
5. Support requests-for-quotes that optimizing best price, delivery, and payment terms.
6. Develops and executes TCO (Total Cost Out) opportunities.
7. Manages credit and or replacement of non-confirming materials.
8. Works closely with cross-functional teams to establish purchase goods item masters and maintaining standard costing of inventory in MRP II system.
9. Runs KPI month-end reports collecting and sharing data metrics with Executive team.
10. Develops department standard work instructions cross training team.
11. Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws.
12. Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
This position manages all employees of the Purchasing department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
• Undergraduate or associate Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
• At least three years’ experience in a Purchasing and or Material management.
• Strong analytical skills, Proficiency in MS Office suite. Intermediate/Strong skills in MS Excel.
• Proficient in MRP II inventory control systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills working cross-functionally with project management experience.
• Willingness to cooperate and accept added responsibilities that drives value.
• Team player, motivational and experienced in working in fast-paced environment.
Work Environment – Office
1. Mostly a sedentary role; minimal walking, bending, reaching
2. Ability to lift, pull or push up to 20 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
1. Full Time.
3. M-F, hours vary