Executive Administrative Assistant at Ridings, Inc.
A custom painting and home improvement company requires the expertise and experience of an Executive Administrative Assistant. We are an established, well respected business poised for continued growth in an expanding market. We’re looking for an Executive Administrative Assistant with experience in the skilled trades or similar industry who has a desire to assist the Owner in the effective execution of his leadership and responsibilities. If you have served as an Executive Administrative Assistant or in a similar capacity and you’re interested in pursuing a new challenge, we’d like to talk to you.
OUR MISSION – AND HOW YOU FIT INTO IT
The Mission of Ridings Custom Painting, Inc., is to make a difference:
1. By offering our clients value, through: Unsurpassed quality and World-class service.
2. By providing all team members; Opportunity, Improvement, Respect
3. By contributing to our industry though Service, Education and Leadership.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will support the owner in fulfilling this mission, working in tandem with his work cycle and standing ready to lighten the load of his duties and responsibilities. This will allow him to free up his time to; increase his effectiveness and grow the company. Additionally, the EAA’s contribution would be better communication between the leadership team, allowing the company to serve more clients, grow in sales, and expand into other markets quickly and easily.
This person filling this position would have a supporting leadership role, for both the company as a whole and with the team members. They would work closely with the ownership on a daily basis, learning tasks and steps required to support the operations of the company. They would be trained over the course of the first year to understand the company and the services it provides, as well as the basic elements that make the company’s services valuable to its clients.
Specific responsibilities would include:
• Assisting with the schedule for the owner and over-all time management.
• Assisting with invoicing of projects
• Assisting with writing up and assembling of bids or project outlines
• Scheduling appointments for the owner with vendor, clients, and team members
• Returning phone calls on behalf of the owner
• Assisting with the ‘time blocks’ that the owner has put in place for focused time on various projects
• Assisting with video production for website, social media, promotional pieces, newsletters, etc.
• Oversee video production of training videos to be used ‘in-house’ and as ‘marketing bites’ on various social media sites
• Assisting the owner with speaking engagements; power point presentations, printed materials, etc.
• Research work for the owner or team
• Assisting in collecting of funds and/or talking to clients
• Assist with the hiring process of team members and orientation on-boarding of new team members.
• Assist with the training process of members; team meetings, training meetings & the like.
• Some field site visits with crews working on projects.
• Some site visits with clients regarding, potential projects, color selection, scheduling or challenges that may arise.
• Serve as a brand Ambassador of the Ridings Inc. brand with trade organizations, clients and networking groups.
Education and Experience:
4-year college degree (Bachelor’s Degree) desired. Equivalent experience may substitute.
4 – 8 years in a similar position
Knowledge of IT systems
Knowledge of Marketing, including social media, campaigns, branding
Competent in Microsoft Office
Talents we need:
Ability to be an ambassador of the Ridings Brand
Capable of managing multiple tasks & operations at once
Ability to manage your time effectively
Ability to persuade and influence others.
Ability to continuously prioritize tasks in a changing environment.
Ability to translate strategy and goals into operational tasks.
Comfortable interacting with people of all types and backgrounds.
Ability to handle conflict and engage in productive resolution.
Ability to listen and use feedback constructively.
Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
Demonstrated passion for community building.
Supervisory Responsibility – TBD
Travel- Some travel, as needed, to specific clients, project sites, training programs, or industry conferences.
– This position requires flexibility in schedule and will require some evening and weekend hours.
– Flexible schedules are a possible 7-3:30 pm / 8 – 4:30 pm – to be discussed.
– There may be some weekend time invested for projects if you wish this can be controlled and is rarely mandatory.
– As is traditional with most all construction companies works starts around 7 – 8 am; at times we will work until the projects are completed, however that is rare.
– Traditionally the Ridings Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 – 5 pm.
– The crews will work some Saturdays but not often. Rarely or never on Sundays.
Job Type – Full-time
Attending training out of town one or two times a year and some evening association meetings are required to allow you to grow and expand your knowledge and leadership ability within the industry.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Base Salary Competitive DOE + incentive compensation
Company benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
Location: Greater Seattle Area, office located north of Bellevue. (North Woodinville)
Partial work from home, partial work from office discussion available.
How to Apply:
If you’re qualified and interested, we encourage you to submit your resume by email to email@example.com or through this posting. When applying, please make the subject line of your email “ I’m interested in the Executive Administrative Assistant position.”