Contact Person: Kimberly Schoelen
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (703) 725-7718
Faith-based executive search firm Mission:Leadership is conducting this search on behalf of The Christian Broadcasting Network. Please direct any inquiries or applications to Mission:Leadership (www.missionleadership.org) or contact Dr. Rich Kidd, Founding Partner, email@example.com.
Title: Regional Philanthropy Manager – Northwest Territory
Classification: Full time/exempt, 40 hours per week
Reports to: Philanthropy Team Leader, Western Region
Direct Reports: None
Position Location: Northwestern U.S. (Live in a major metropolitan area; e.g. Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose; Seattle; or Portland)
The CBN Regional Philanthropy Manager – Northwest Territory will be responsible for cultivating and growing relationships with major donors to CBN ministries including Operation Blessing but excluding Orphan’s Promise. This person must live in the territory and close to a major airport for frequent travel.
This philanthropy manager will increase financial commitments to CBN and its strategic initiatives by developing and managing relationships with individuals, foundations, churches, and ministry partners that result in major and planned gifts. He or she will also implement and manage major and planned gift strategies in the Northwest Territory to ensure the growth and vitality of CBN and Operation Blessing.
Participates in Daily Chapel Services. Recognizing the importance of maintaining a strong commitment to the spiritual priorities of CBN, gather each day for a time of worship, prayer, and sharing from God’s Word. Chapel is considered part of the paid workday.
Key attributes: Energetic, strong Believer, Organized, Skilled in Fundraising, Trustworthy.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s); The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
– A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a robust prayer life.
– Minimum three to five years’ experience in major gift development, fundraising or sales, preferably with an international organization.
– Solid background of superior work ethic, integrity, and Christian commitment.
– Working knowledge of Biblical principles of stewardship.
– Experience building new relationships within a large territory, while managing competing deadlines and attaining goals.
– Demonstrated experience developing in-depth major and planned gift cultivation and solicitation strategies resulting in a track record of building long-term donor relationships and closing gifts.
– High energy professional with excellent interpersonal skills, oral, written, and presentation skills. Able to speak persuasively and articulate well CBN’s mission and purpose.
– Positive, entrepreneurial self-starter. Able to work independently while under pressure to meet goals and deadlines.
– Strategic thinker with strong ability to “think on one’s feet.”
– Computer proficiency and experience with MS Office (especially Excel) and donor databases.
– Ability to travel, flexible to work flexible irregular hours; Valid driver’s license.
– Bachelor’s degree from accredited university/college desirable.
Position Duties and Tasks:
– Renew and grow annual giving by building strong, Christian relationships with an assigned portfolio of major donors.
– Develop and implement a Portfolio Plan for generating gifts and multi-year pledges from donors within territory to meet/exceed revenue goals.
– Conduct personal visits (phone, video, in-person) each month within assigned territory to identify the passions and interests of assigned donors and match them to the needs of the ministry.
– Utilize strategic planned and measurable actions, steps and contacts designed to deepen each donor relationship, including:
– Acknowledging generosity
– Gathering insight into motivations to give
– Assessing resource capacity
– Developing cultivation strategies based on donor passions and interests
– Moving toward solicitation and closure
– Making solicitations when appropriate
– Demonstrating impact of donor giving
– Adhering to the highest ethical standards
– Meet and exceed performance objectives and goals as determined and outlined in annual goal setting and evaluation.
– Develop and execute planned giving cultivation/stewardship strategies for assigned donors.
– Update fundraising database (CRM) in a timely and consistent manner, documenting all new donor information and interactions, including moves, visit reports, passions and interests, preferences, and changes to donor information.
– Participate in, and assist with, regional and national donor events, identifying opportunities for senior leadership to engage and build relationships with assigned donors.
– Maintain strong collaborative working relationships with other members of the Major
– Donor team and overall organization; demonstrating the organization’s Core Values.
– Demonstrate proper stewardship for departmental budgets and staff resources, planning work, and travel as efficiently as possible.
– Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by Philanthropy Team Leader, Western Region.
– In a territory that has been largely untapped, move monthly and annual supporters to become major donors and planned givers, by understanding their interests and connecting them to CBN ministry opportunities.
– Develop and build strong relationships with believers in the Northwest Territory, that glorify God and His son Jesus Christ, as an encourager and prayer partner.
– Give believers a significant opportunity to be Kingdom builders through their financial support of CBN programs.
– Develop donor relationships with new CBN partners who are capable of making major gifts to the ministry.
– There has been a lack of personal CBN representation in the target territory for a number of years. Contact has been mostly by phone.
– The development team has a growing, but not yet mature, organizational technology infrastructure.
– The Regional Philanthropy Manager – Northwest Territory will be located geographically and time-zone distant from the CBN HQ.