Senior Data Engineer
Contact Person: Jeff Graves
Contact Email: email@example.com
Foundry is a brand portfolio group acquiring and growing Brands born online. We appreciate the hard work founders have put in to launch and build their brands and acquire brands where we can accelerate growth. We welcome bold ideas and big thinkers. Foundry expertise, network, technology and analytic platforms apply superior operational and financial leverage to help scale top microbrands to their next level of sales and profitability. We want to help founders spend more focus on what they value – whether family, finances, the next brand build while seeing their brand growth accelerate on our platform. We can empathize with and relate to the Founders we work with, because we’ve been where they stand in scaling our own online businesses. Our founders have both worked in small businesses and built Amazon and D2C companies from scratch to become billion-dollar brands.
At Foundry, we identify, acquire, and invest in the best online consumer brands to profitably scale them. We partner and acquire top brands, then provide key resources and operational excellence for entrepreneurs who want liquidity while partnering with Amazon and a variety of other retail channels. Our team members are experts in acquisitions, operations, technology and data science to grow Foundry capability in building brands.
The Data Engineering Team designs, builds and maintains the integrated platform that securely procures and links critical business data from disparate internal and external sources. This involves assimilating all structured, unstructured and semi-structured data and normalizing it to a form conducive to Foundry’s business needs (think supply chain, marketing, finance). We are the first mile in Foundry’s data engine and enable delivery of business value from data.
What you’ll be doing:
• Work with other architects and engineers to define, execute, and update core data systems while maintaining a high level of availability and transactional correctness.
• Provide technical leadership in coordination with data analytics and product management to define, deliver, and update the entities, entity relationships, and their representation as tables, constraints, and stored procedures in the Foundry data systems.
• Help define future technical direction for the data systems in collaboration with senior management, product management and stakeholders.
Who you are:
• 5+ years of information and database architecture expertise
• Demonstrated expertise in; Information Architecture, Data Engineering, and data warehousing
• Familiarity with: Analytics, Data Science and reasonable familiarity with all areas.
• Strong experience in designing distributed systems for scale and high availability.
• Extensive experience in designing micro-services based applications and data pipelines, concepts of ETLs.
• Deep experience with micro-service orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes is a plus.
• Strong experience with SQL including advanced techniques and stored procedures.
• Demonstrated data management experience with at least one and preferably 2 major SQL database platforms: MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server.
• Deep experience with at least one cloud platform; Azure, Amazon, or Google.
• Understanding of columnar formats such as Parquet, Avro is a plus.
• Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
• Ability to present complicated analytical methodology and results to a non-technical audience.
• Experience leading mixed onshore/ offshore teams
• Direct experience managing cross functional teams in a matrixed organization.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech and customer obsessed environment.
Nice to Haves:
• Experience with Amazon Web Services: RedShift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc. and industry standard Data Warehousing technologies: Snowflake, Spark, Apache Airflow, celery, etc.
• Experience using data transformation tools such as panda, pyspark, etc.
• Related experience in an e-commerce organization with a recurring revenue model is a strong plus