Senior Operations Manager
World Vision USA
The Intersection of Calling and Career
World Vision is hiring for a Senior Operations Manager for Church & Ministry Partnerships
01 At a Glance
Role: Senior Operations Manager for Church & Ministry Partnerships
Required Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field or equivalent work experience (eight years). In addition to education or education equivalent, requires 5-8 years of previous work experience exhibiting leadership, business operations, project management and communications skills. Experience around report building and reporting solutions. Discretion and confidentiality required. Must be able to work in a collaborative environment.
Preferred Experience: Experience with CRM systems, is a plus. Working knowledge of business process management. Skills and/or certificates in Six-Sigma, Kaizen, Lean, Zero Error Tolerance or other process, highly desired.
Location: Flexible – Can be based in 30+ US states
Company Size: 900+ (World Vision USA) / 34,000 worldwide (World Vision International)
02 The Job Our Senior Operations Manager for Church & Ministry Partnerships will oversee the daily operations of a division, ensuring planning, communications and workforce processes are effective, well-coordinated and productive so that business objectives are met. You will provide operational leadership, financial oversight, assist in strategy development, and manage/provide key contributions to strategically critical projects. Effectively prioritize and allocate internal resources based on client requests. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
– Work with management to make decisions for operational activities, including policy management, knowledge management, facilitation of internal governance, project management, and specific programs.
– Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction.
– Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of operations to ensure smooth progress and completion of each project.
– Safeguard and augment the efficiency of the division’s operations to facilitate long-term success.
– Identify and implement various measures to increase the efficiency and/or effectiveness of business operations.
– Produce business reports using existing data sources and structures and leveraging existing tools and development processes.
– Manage various partner and vendor relationships, reviewing associated contracts to maximize value to the organization.
– Oversee cross-divisional and department initiatives and projects in support of WVUS, division and department goals.
– Serve as liaison among WVUS groups and their staff and the larger World Vision partnership as appropriate.
– Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as a member of a team.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Maintain awareness of corporate goals, objectives, organizational announcements, and activities. Reference and follow organizational policies and procedures, seeking clarity as needed.
03 You Bring
– Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field or equivalent work experience (eight years).
– In addition to education or education equivalent, requires 5-8 years of previous work experience exhibiting leadership, business operations, exceptional project management and communications skills.
– Proficiency in MS Excel data analysis.
– Prior experience working with people of various levels within the organization.
– The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Enjoys working on teams and independently.
– Discretion and confidentiality required.
04 Where this job could take your career World Vision USA is a part of the larger World Vision International partnership. Globally, we have over 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries. More than 900 of us call World Vision USA home. You’ll have opportunities to advance within our robust and talented group of professionals as you continue to stretch and grow your career for the future.
05 Salary Range & Benefits Your salary is important to you so it’s important to us. If you need the approximate range to inform your decision on whether to apply or not contact Faith using one of the ways below. We have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package.
06 To Apply See the Apply box in the lower left corner. Still not sure? I really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about the job or have a chat in confidence. Contact Faith in Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
07 What Happens Next? Glad you asked. We owe you that and strive to not leave you wondering. We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role. Sometimes questions arise on our end, so we message you to learn more. Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Moving deeper into our selection process you can expect to interview 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview. Our most valuable resource is our talented staff. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time, so we have all hands-on deck to move this important work forward.
08 About World Vision USA When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled. Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That’s because we’re a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For nearly the last 70 years. Jesus’ love at the center. Always. We’re Christian and follow Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.
Job Location: Flexible – Role can be based in 30+ US states, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Working Environment / Conditions: Standard office environment. Domestic travel, less than 5%.