Software Quality Engineer
Radiant Vision Systems
Contact Person: Connie Diller
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (425) 284-0553
Interested in helping a growing company to improve the quality of software products and streamline software development processes? This position involves executing tests and developing processes that improve Radiant’s software quality. It will focus on testing and automating software test processes, unit testing, integration testing, and bug and feature tracking. The role will also involve performing system behavior and performance investigations for both client requirements and internal development objectives. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in software testing and quality systems, and their continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manually test Radiant Software products
• Creation and automation of test code, scripts, and sequences for automated test
• Exploratory testing to identify issues not covered in test plans
• Creation of test plans to address project requirements
• Configuration and maintenance of computer and camera test systems
• Document, test, deploy, and maintain test tools and processes
• Identify areas to reduce the manual testing burden
• Feedback product improvement opportunities to the software development, support, and production groups
• Perform experiments and investigations to characterize system behaviors and performance for both client requirements and general product endeavors
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field such as Math, Physics, etc., required.
• 1+ year of relevant work experience ideal but will consider new grad with well aligned attributes to position requirements.
• Experience in programming and scripting.
• Experience with Windows and macOS platforms.
• Proficient in C#, Python and/or VB.NET.
• Experience with testing software, hardware and systems.
• Familiar with unit testing, test automation and verifying algorithms.
• Experience in developing test instructions and procedures.
• Curious, observant, collaborative, creative, detail-oriented and self-starting.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000 DOE
Benefits @ Radiant
Radiant Vision Systems offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base compensation, an incentive target bonus (for non-commission eligible positions; the payout is based on both the company’s performance and the employee’s performance), time off (vacation, sick leave, and floating holiday), parental leave, medical dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as 401k to include a matching contribution from the company and immediate vesting. Learn more about Radiant’s benefits by visiting our Careers Page. These benefits are designed to support our employees’ well-being, financial security, and work-life balance.
This position is eligible for experience specific compensation ranges based on candidate experience, compensation will be aligned and determined based on this criteria. Fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges. Final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to experience levels, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Radiant Vision Systems works with world-class brands and manufacturers to deliver creative visual inspection solutions that improve quality, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction. Radiant’s legacy of technology innovation in photometric imaging and worldwide install base date back more than 30 years and address applications from consumer electronics to automotive manufacturing. Radiant Vision Systems product lines include TrueTest™ automated visual inspection software for quality control, and ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers, machine vision solutions, and goniometric systems. EOE