Contact Person: John Fromong
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (425) 595-6230
This position is primarily responsible for duties of a general staff accountant performing various general ledger, monthly closing, payables, receivables and treasury tasks.
Essential Job Functions
1. Treasury, taxation, regulatory, month end closing, and reporting.
2. Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
3. Participates in the department closing schedule, helping ensure timely closing, performs assigned general journal entries, review of records of accounts to ensure accuracy, and performs bank account reconciliations. Other account reconciliations as assigned. Become cross-trained on reconciliations performed by other staff members.
4. Assists CFO and Controller with year-end financial statement review by independent outside accountants and other reporting requested by banks and lenders.
5. Assists with banking, credit card, taxation, regulatory, licensing, and foreign exchange functions.
6. Verify the accuracy of A/P batch output to ensure correct coding of vendor, cost center, general ledger account, invoice amount, and matching these to check or ACH output.
7. Perform vendor analysis, expense review and analysis, and support of corporate procurement functions.
8. Assist in the implementation of new systems including credit card processing and expense reimbursements
9. Research and answer questions posed by senior management using analytical tools such as Access, Excel, etc.
10. Update and maintain vendor database
11. Audits and verifies expenses reports
12. Maintains account payable files and prepares payment records / packets
13. Reconcile all credit cards statements
14. 1099 preparation.
15. Works with A/R Accountant to ensure timely and accurate invoicing
16. Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
17. Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments
18. Process, transmit and run credit card transactions for customer sales and refunds.
19. Process Credit Memos for any adjustment such as shortage, price discrepancy, POP discount, currency adjustment, tester allowances, freight waiver, uncollectible write-off, merchandise exchange transactions, returns, DIF, damage items credit, duplicate invoices, missing shipment, and sanitary registration.
20. Prevent over crediting the customer by checking the supporting documents and back-up.
21. Assist with month end close including accruing unbilled AR.
1. Ability to process high volume of transactions accurately and dependably.
2. Ability to function well in multi-task environment.
3. Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
4. Knowledge of Epicor ERP or similar software is a plus.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
6. Attentive to detail, excellent interpersonal skills.
1. Office 100% Production/Warehouse floor 0%
1. Mostly sedentary position.
2. Will not lift more than 5 lbs. in a typical workday.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
1. Full Time/Hourly
2. M-F, 7:30am – 4:30pm
Required Education and Experience
1. Associates Degree.
2. Three years’ experience in general accounting, receivables and payables.
Compensation and Benefits
1. Wage range: $26.00/hr. to 29.50/hr. D.O.E.
2. Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, company paid short-term and long-term disability, 401K, 15 days paid time off, 60 hours of paid holidays a year, and an employee assistance program.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree with accounting, business or economics focus.
2. Manufacturing accounting experience
Electric Mirrors Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safety. If you are in a Leadership role at EM, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe working environment for your employees.
Alongside the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will be responsible for focusing on:
• Reducing workplace incidents and injuries
• Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
• Engaging your teams and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
• Recognizing the value of safety throughout the organization
• Implementing structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
• Being proactive, preventative, and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
• You will intervene when unsafe acts of situation are observed in any department at EM
• You are responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.