Systems Business Analyst
World Vision USA
The Intersection of Calling and Career
World Vision is now hiring for Systems Business Analyst
01 At a Glance
Role: Systems Business Analyst
Required Experience: A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field, or 8 years of equivalent work experience. Requires 2-5 years of relevant technical experience. Requires working knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes. Experience with Dynamics 365 and MS CRM is a plus.
Location: Must be based in Seattle (office is in Federal Way, WA). Remote first during pandemic until at least June 2021.
Salary Range: $70K-80K (approx. DOE)
Company Size: 900+ (World Vision USA) / 37,000 worldwide (World Vision International)
02 The Job At World Vision USA we invite people to positively impact the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children through charitable giving. Our recipe includes love of all people, thriftiness, and targeting the root causes of poverty to bring about human transformation and fullness of life. With us every 60 seconds a family gets water, a hungry child is fed, and a family gets the tools to overcome poverty. As a Systems Business Analyst you will support one or more business functions, several moderately complex business processes and serve as a project team member. You will conduct data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy and direction. Help carry out our Christian mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Jesus Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
– Participate in short-term planning sessions with a client to implement process improvement within an assigned client area.
– Assist in business case development.
– Assist in business cases.
– Serve as the link between the business, third-party vendors and the IT technical team.
– Assess client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advice on options.
– Develop, writes, and communicates business requirement and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
– Analyze customer’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
– Analyze and recommend improvements to business processes and models.
– Document current business processes and models.
– Provide factual content to feasibility study for standard development projects and enhancements.
– Develop user test cases, execute tests, validate test results during user acceptance testing, then report results.
Service Level Agreements:
– Is familiar with the current Service Level Agreements (SLA) for a particular work area and can participate in the vendor selection process for client in accordance with IT standards and specifications.
– Propose and develop Service Level Agreements (SLA) in partnership with customer and support provider as needed.
– Identify and resolve issues, escalate as needed.
– Use new and varied analytical techniques.
– Monitor and analyze metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
– Promote an understanding of IT roles, processes and activities to the business units.
– Support and participate in the formal reporting of project status.
– Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from the initial requirements phase to final implementation phase of projects.
– Actively participate in the creation, review and analysis of user stories/epics in projects utilizing agile development methodology.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
03 Where this job could take your career World Vision USA is a part of the larger World Vision International partnership. Globally, we have over 37,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries. More than 900 of us call World Vision USA home. You’ll have opportunities to advance within our robust and talented group of professionals as you continue to stretch and grow your career for the future.
04 About World Vision USA When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled. Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That’s because we’re a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For nearly the last 70 years. Jesus’ love at the center. Always. We’re Christian and follow Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.
05 You Bring
– A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field, or 8 years of equivalent work experience.
– Requires 2-5 years of relevant technical experience.
– Requires basic knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes.
– Candidates must be a strong communicator.
-Skilled at communicating complex technical information to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
– Has experience with Agile methodology and ability to self-manage during sprints.
– Familiarity with CRM systems such as Dynamics 365 and/or SalesForce, highly desired.
– Experience configuring Dynamic 365, is a plus.
– Ability to recognize patterns and identify issues to help isolate potential problems and drive to resolution.
– Experience with support desk ticketing systems and project work management such as JIRA preferred.
– Enjoys both working on teams and independently.
06 Let your work be your faith in action Every day, nearly 15,000 children under the age of 5 die from preventable causes. Our call to action is urgent. That’s why we’re looking for someone who is ready to place their expertise behind helping the world’s most vulnerable children. Every project, every shoot, every edit can help influence whether someone chooses to help today or not. If not you, then who?
07 Salary Range & Benefits See approximate range above. In addition, we have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package.
08 To Apply See the Apply box in the lower left corner. Still not sure? I’d really like to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about the job or have a chat in confidence. Contact Faith in Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
09 What happens next? Glad you asked. We owe you that and strive to not leave you wondering. We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role. Sometimes questions arise on our end so we message you to learn more. Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Moving deeper into our selection process you can expect to interview 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview where the opportunity to meet additional members of our staff lends itself to more of a 360-view of the role. Our most valuable resource is our talented staff. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time, so we have all hands-on deck to move this important work forward.
Job Location: Federal Way, Washington, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: 70,000.00 – 80,000.00 USD
Working Environment / Conditions: Standard office environment.